This is Joe's flagship stick. This is Joe's Master Series 5A.
A Brick of 12 pairs with a little more added discount from us as a thank you for playing our sticks.
Perfectly balanced for almost all playing styles with the Joe's Oval tip bringing unrivalled articulate tone and thanks to a reduction of 0.2mm in the handle diameter, these sticks really shift.
Our Master Series drumsticks are turned from the finest, hand-selected Master Grade American Hickory. Then using proprietary pitch matching software our experienced technicians pair to within 30 cents (1 semitone interval is 100 cents) and weight match to within 0.8g, before they are hand finished and sent with love, from us to you.
- Wood: American Hickory
- Length: 406mm
- Diameter: 14.3mm
- Taper: Medium
- Finish: Joe's 'True Grip' or 'Smooth Touch' Lacquer
- Tip: Joe's Custom Oval
- Stick Weight: ≈54g
Choosing your tip:
- Our Custom Shape Oval Tip is more like a hybrid of a traditional teardrop/oval and will give you the most well rounded frequency response with articulate highs delivered by the oval but also delivering the fatter, 'warm' sounding lows associated with a Teardrop.
- Joe's True Grip Lacquer is our standard lacquer, thinner than the Smooth Touch it produces significantly enhanced grip over its brother. Designed to give confidence come showtime but never compromising on feel.
- Joe's Smooth Touch Lacquer is brilliantly smooth in the hand and leads to a slightly more durable stick due to its thicker nature think VF double dip. If you're prone to sweaty hands perhaps go for True Grip instead or try one pair in this finish before buying in bulk.
- Using hand-selected, Master Grade American Hickory sticks delivers a very durable, medium weight stick with a well rounded tonal response.